Income Distribution in Retirement
What is yours? Retirement distribution plan that is. Just as you had a plan to fund your retirement during your working years, you need to have a strategy to pull money out of your retirement accounts when you hit the golden years. Without a plan, you could run out of funds and still have plenty of life to live.
Putting together a distribution plan may seem obvious, but many retirees jump into their leisure years thinking more about vacations and volunteer opportunities than their cash allocation. You need to have a strategy and one that is specific to your lifestyle, your personality, and your needs.
Our retirement professionals will help you determine:
- How will you use the savings you've accumulated?
- At what age will you start taking distributions?
- How much will you need to take?
- How often will you take money out?
- What other assets could you use to help make retirement savings last?
- Where will your money be during the years you’re taking distributions?
- How will you invest your account balance?
- Will you enroll in a regularly scheduled distribution plan or manually request your distributions?
- Should you leave your money in their current accounts or roll your balance over to an IRA?
- Are there penalties for leaving your money in company 401K accounts? What about minimum balances?
- What are the effects if I take my retirement early? How about if I delay my retirement?
Without careful planning, you could wind up spending the bulk of your retirement savings before you even know it. But with a plan, you can enjoy the fruit of your labor for years and years. Allow our team to help you work through these questions so that you can rest - and play - to your heart's content. Retirement should be fun, and we’ll help get you there.